Amazon just announced the 4K Fire TV Edition, available now for pre-order. The 43-inch version costs only $449!
Fire TV Edition edition will have Amazon’s streaming services built in. The smart TV’s home page is amazon.com. The streaming service will have more than 300,000 movies and TV shows, and access to popular shows from channels like HBO and Netflix. It also comes with a remote that has Alexa voice control built in. All in all, it’s the quintessential smart TV set for home.
- Fire TV Edition is a smart TV experience that seamlessly integrates your favorite streaming and live over-the-air content on a unified home screen (HD antenna required).
- Experience true-to-life 4K UHD picture quality with over 8 million pixels for stunning clarity, deep contrast, and brilliant colors. Refresh Rate: 60 Hz (Native), 120 Hz (Effective).
- The Fire TV experience is built in so you can enjoy over 15,000 channels, apps, and Alexa skills. Get universal search results across over 140 channels and apps including Netflix, Hulu, HBO NOW, SHOWTIME, STARZ, and Prime Video.
- The included Voice Remote with Alexa allows you to control live TV playback, launch apps, search for TV shows, play music, switch inputs, control smart home devices, and much more.
- Prime members get unlimited access to Prime Video, featuring thousands of movies and TV episodes at no additional cost.
The most attractive feature of Fire TV Edition is undoubtedly the price. It’s far more affordable than almost all 4K TVs currently available in the market. The budget price move by Amazon is not surprising. The company has a controversial history of dramatically lowering prices to undercut the competition. Fire TV Edition will go head to head with fan favorites like Roku.
Fire TV Edition will be available for purchase in June. There’s a larger 65-inch version of the model, which will cost $899.